Dane County Library Board
As a department of Dane County Government, the Dane County Library Service is governed by the Dane County Library Board, whose members are appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Board of Supervisors.
Current Board Members
- Rex Owens, President, Sun Prairie
- Pat Behling, Town of Bristol
- Liz Dannenbaum, Secretary, Madison
- Melissa Ratcliff, Vice-president, County Board Supervisor, Cottage Grove
- Michelle Jensen, School Superintendent, Deerfield
- Karen M Saunders, Fitchburg
- Anne Schoenemann, Cottage Grove
For more details on the responsibilities and duties of a library trustee, see: Board Job Description.
For more information on being considered for appointment to the library board or other county boards and commissions, contact the County Executive's Office, Room 421, City County Building, 210 Martin Luther King Blvd., Madison, WI 53709. Phone (608) 266-4114. Application forms are available at http://countyofdane.com/unified/forms/application.aspx
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month at Noon at 1874 S. Stoughton Rd.
Minutes and Agendas
Minutes of Board Meetings are available at https://dane.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx .