Check the Schedule for our service hours.
The Bookmobile makes weekly visits to communities throughout Dane County. Check out our map and complete list of stops.
****Want to pickup a specific Bookmobile item you found in LINKcat?****
We have a large collection and can't fit it all onboard at once.
Call us in advance to ensure we have your item onboard when you visit!
The Bookmobile carries fiction and non-fiction materials for adults and children, including books, paperbacks, magazines, large-print, DVDs, music and audio book CDs.
A valid library card is necessary to borrow items on the Bookmobile. A library card issued by any library in the South Central Library System is honored on the Bookmobile, including all the libraries of Dane County. We are also able to honor a library card from anywhere in Wisconsin with special processing. You can apply for your library card while visiting the Bookmobile or print, complete and bring in your application today.
Requests for materials not available on the Bookmobile may be made through LINKcat or by calling the Bookmobile office at (608) 266-9297 weekdays, 8am-4:30pm.
The best way to use the Bookmobile:
Come browse the Bookmobile and see what you find!
1. Search LINKcat to find what you want;
2. Place holds on titles that interest you;
3. Pick them up at your stop - come on the bus or we will bring them off the bus to you!
Borrowing / Return Policy
- DVDs are loaned for 7 days.
- Magazines & Music CDs are loaned for 14 days.
- All other materials are loaned for 28 days.
- Items loaned from other libraries may have different loan periods/policies.
- Items borrowed from the Bookmobile may be returned to the Bookmobile or to any public library in the South Central Library System.
If special assistance is required to access the Bookmobile, please call us at least 24 hours in advance, weekdays 8am-4:30pm.