Dane County Library Service
1874 S. Stoughton Rd.
Madison, Wisconsin 53716
Phone: (608) 266-9297
Dane County Library Service relies upon Wisconsin Relay (7-1-1) to communicate by telephone with people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, or speech-disabled.
Tracy Herold, Director
Phone: (608) 266-6388
Mary Driscoll, Outreach Librarian
Phone: (608) 266-4419
Amy, Angela, Claude, John, Lexi, Nate, Ricardo, Sky and Todd
DCLS was created in 1966 in order to assure legal access to public library services for every resident of Dane County. Bookmobile service began in 1967 to provide public library services in Dane County cities, towns, and villages that do not have a public library.
DCLS is a department of Dane County and is governed by a nine member citizen board appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Board of Supervisors. For more information, click here.
- A New Library World -- 2019
- Dream Bus bring library to Madison schools -- 2019
- NBC15 Dream Bus Video - 2019
- Ignite Madison - 2016 January 19
- Talk of the Town - 2015 October 6
- Herold Hired as New Dane County Library Director - 2015 December 5
- Five libraries in Dane County to get seed exchange - 2014 February 7
- Awards celebrate community partnerships and Billups legacy - 2013 June 11
- Jail Library Group connects Dane County inmates to knowledge, community - 2013 May 2
- Dane County Sheriff’s Annual Awards recognize Jail Library Group - 2013 April 4
- Dane County Library Service receives Lois Lenski Covey Foundation Grant - 2012 Dec 5
- Deep in the shelves: Revel in distinct topic at each Dane County library - 2011 January 28
- Fitchburg Library to Cause Ripples in County Library System - 2010 October 10
- Mary Driscoll Receives Service Award - 2010 September 21
- Guide to Dane County libraries - 2010 July 28
- Young Readers Rejoice When 'Booker' Hits Town - 2010 June 27
- Riding with "Booker" - 2010 June 27
Friends of Dane County Library Service
The Friends of Dane County Library Service is a separate, non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Its purpose is to further the mission of the Dane County Library Service by encouraging broad community support and participation in all aspects of the DCLS. The group raises money as well as awareness, providing funding for the purchase of library materials that enrich the collection and programming that serves the public.
Join the Friends now!
Click here to find out more about this exciting organization.