The Bookmobile is a mini-library on wheels making weekly visits to communities located throughout Dane County. Check out our map and complete list of stops.
**** Want to pickup a specific Bookmobile item you found in LINKcat? Please call us in advance to ensure we have your item onboard when you visit! (608) 266-9297 ****
The Bookmobile carries fiction and non-fiction materials for adults and children, including books, paperbacks, magazines, large-print, DVDs, music and audio book CDs.
A valid library card is necessary to borrow items on the Bookmobile. A library card issued by any library in Dane or surrounding counties is honored on the Bookmobile. You may apply for a library card while visiting the Bookmobile.
Requests for materials not available on the Bookmobile may be made through LINKcat or by calling the Bookmobile office at (608) 266-9297 weekdays, 8am-4:30pm.
The best way to use the Bookmobile:
Come browse the Bookmobile and see what you find!
1. Search LINKcat to find what you want;
2. Place holds on titles that interest you;
3. Pick them up at your stop - come on the bus or we will bring them off the bus to you!
Borrowing / Return Policy
- DVDs are loaned for 7 days.
- Magazines & Music CDs are loaned for 14 days.
- All other materials are loaned for 28 days.
- Check your receipt. Items loaned by other libraries may have different loan periods/policies.
- Items borrowed from the bookmobile may be returned to the bookmobile or to any public library in the South Central Library System.
If special assistance is required to access the bookmobile, please call the Bookmobile office at least 24 hours in advance, weekdays 8am-4:30pm.